When the present revisits the past, the result is the HYT H2 Tradition. With the aim of having a more classic-look, the H2 Tradition is the first HYT watch to feature classic guilloché finishes and it also marks a first for the brand in terms of lacquered dials and blued hands.
On the dial side, tradition is expressed through the diamond guilloché main plate, the blued minute and seconds hands and an ogival-shaped crown. The HYT H2 Tradition has separate lacquered varnished dials for the hours, minutes and seconds.
The main plate had to be thicker to have the diamond guilloché finish in rhodium-plated nickel silver on both sides. All the bridges have been modified, reconstructed, polished and hand-bevelled.
The calibre of the H2 was modified or overhauled by HYT’s partner, Audemars Piguet Renaud & Papi. The balance for example, was re-centred to create room on the dial for the minute sub-dial.
The case was redesigned and the crown protector has been removed, resulting in a more traditional-looking round case.
HYT H2 Tradition
Introduced in 2016
• Exclusive mechanical HYT Calibre, manual-winding
• 21,600 vibrations per hour (3Hz)
• 28 jewels
• 192 hours power reserve (8 days)
• Micro-blasted and stainless steel polished bridges with polished and locked internal angles
• Diamond guilloche main plate in rhodium-plated nickel silver, rhodium-plated bellows
• Retrograde fluidic hours, minutes and seconds
• Crown position indicator (H, N, R)
• Screw-down titanium dynamometric crown
• Rider at 6 o’clock, Roman numerals, titanium-filled with blue varnish
• Domed sapphire crystal (box) with anti-reflective coating
• Lacquered varnished hour dial with 4N treatment, black Roman numerals, lacquered varnished minute dial (at 12 o’clock) and lacquered varnished seconds dial (at 2.30) 4N treated, varnished, blued minute hand, black indices (minutes and seconds) and Arabic numerals
• 48.8mm diameter case in white gold and titanium, 17.9mm thick
• Water-resistant to 50m
• Screw-down sapphire case back
Limited to 50 pieces