Like the Ref. 4947 (Ref. 4947G and Ref. 4947R), the Patek Philippe Ref. 4948 Annual Calendar for ladies is the fruit of Sandrine Stern, Patek Philippe designer and wife of Thierry Stern, who is president of Patek Philippe.
Presented in 2015, this is the high jewellery version of the annual calendar. Two versions of the Ref. 4948 are available: a rose gold version with a white Balinese mother-of-pearl dial shown above and a white gold one with a black Tahitian mother-of-pearl dial pictured below.
The case of the Ref. 4948 alone is set with 347 diamonds totalling approximately 2.65 carats.
Look closely and you’d also discover that the crown is set with diamonds (approximately 0.06 carats).
Even the prong buckle has 27 diamonds (approximately 0.21 carats).
The Ref. 4948 replaces the Ref. 4937 Annual Calendar.
Patek Philippe Ref. 4948 Annual Calendar
Introduced in 2015:
• Calibre 324 S QA LU automatic movement
• Annual calendar
• Day and month displays
• Date display
• Moon phase display
• Mother-of-pearl dial with gold applied numerals
• Crown set with 13 diamonds (approx. 0.06 carats)
• Case set with 347 diamonds (approx. 2.65 carats)
• 38mm diameter case in either 18K white gold or 18K rose gold
• Water-resistant to 30m
• Sapphire crystal case back
• Hand-stitched alligator strap with square scales and prong buckle set with 27 diamonds (approx. 0.21 carats)
Other articles on timewerke.com that may be of interest:
i. Patek Philippe Ref. 7118/1 Ladies Automatic Nautilus: What is the colour of the dial?
ii. The Patek Philippe Ref. 4947 Annual Calendar: The ladies complication
iii. The Patek Philippe Ref. 4947 Annual Calendar: The Sandrine touch