Between the blue and the black models, the Ball for BMW TimeTrekker with the blue dial stands out more and is easier to identify.
This is especially so with its red accents: found on the 30, 45 and 60 numerals on the dial, the “200 metres” to indicate its water-resistance and most obviously, the red-tip sweep seconds hand.
On the other hand, the Ball for BMW TimeTrekker with the black dial has a more subdued look. We particularly enjoy the hour index at 12 o’clock because of its very light brown colour which is different from the rest. However, the colour difference is not obvious.
When it turns dark, that is the time when the Ball for BMW TimeTrekker with the black dial shows its true colours. Its hour index at 12 o’clock has a red luminescence while the rest of the micro gas tubes are in blue.
Actually, we were just being a little dramatic here as the same holds true in the dark for the Ball for BMW TimeTrekker with the blue dial.
The BMW branding is subtle and found at the 3 o’clock position, right after the day and date displays.
Other subtle hints of the BMW link include the textures on the dial reminding one of the link with BMW and even the crown which is like the control button.
The BMW logo becomes more apparent on the case back, on the sapphire crystal in particular.
The unidirectional rotating bezel is in pure ceramic and in a black chrome finish.
Do note that all Ball for BMW models are equipped with the Amortiser shock absorber system. This means you can actually wear the watch to play golf thanks to the Amortiser.
The Ball for BMW TimeTrekker was designed by Magali Métrailler.
Ball for BMW TimeTrekker
Introduced in 2015
• Calibre Ball RR1102-C automatic movement
• 14 micro-gas tubes on the hour and minute hands, and dial for enhanced night reading capability
• Patented Amortiser anti-shock system
• Anti-magnetic to 4,800 A/m
• Day and date display
• Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
• Screwed-in crown
• Luminous ceramic unidirectional rotating bezel
• Dial in either black or blue
• 44mm diameter case in stainless steel, 13.45mm thick
• Water-resistant to 200m / 660ft
• Sapphire crystal case back
• Available with either a rubberized leather strap with pin buckle or stainless steel bracelet
Another timewerke.com article that may be of interest:
i. Sports Watch: Ball for BMW TimeTrekker