Yes, the Senator Cosmopolite from Glashütte Original has two time displays; firstly, with its central hour and minute poire (pear-shaped) hands and secondly, with the sub-dial at 12 o’clock.
But there is more to this watch featuring the German brand’s in-house Manufacture Calibre 89-02 automatic movement with an off-centred rotor.
The Senator Cosmopolite has a time zone wheel that is able to display the time at any of 37 different world time zones, with each indicated by its official IATA (International Air Transport Association) location code designating a key international airport in the zone.
There is even a colour code for the time zones as seen through the dial apertures at 8 o’clock for DST (Daylight Saving Time) or STD (Standard Time): black IATA codes are shown for the 24 time zones aligned at full-hour offsets with Greenwich Mean Time (GMT); blue IATA codes for the 10 time zones aligned with GMT at half-hour offsets and red IATA codes for the three time zones with quarter- or three-quarter hour offsets from GMT.
Local time is shown with the central hour and minute hands while home time is typically set with the sub-dial with Arabic numerals at the 12 o’clock position.
In addition to the 37 time zones, the Glashütte Original Senator Cosmopolite also features day and night indications for the two time zone displays, the brand’s characteristic panorama date display and a power reserve display.
The Calibre 89-02 has an oscillation system regulated by four gold screws on the balance rim. It does not have a regulator on the spring and this allows the movement to operate over a much longer period of time resulting in increased precision, the brand highlights.
Glashütte Original Senator Cosmopolite
Introduced in 2015
• In-house Manufacture Calibre 89-02 automatic movement
• Approx. 430 components
• Movement diameter: 39.2mm
• Movement height: 8mm
• 63 jewels
• 28,800 vibrations per hour (4Hz)
• 72 hours power reserve
• Panorama date display
• Two time zone displays
• Day and night displays
• Power reserve display
• Time zone wheel with 37 time zones
• Sapphire crystal, anti-reflective on both sides
• 38.8mm diameter lacquered dial, varnish silver grainé with engraved black Roman/Arabic numerals and railroad chapter, blued stainless steel hands
• 44mm diameter case in 18K red gold, 14mm thick
• Water-resistant to 5 bar
• Strap: 21/18mm
• Black Louisiana alligator leather strap
• Standard red gold fold fastener
• Presented in a fine black wooden box with a high-gloss finish
Another related article on timewerke.com that may be of interest:
i. Glashütte Original strengthens its Asian presence.